Tuesday, July 1, 2014

DIY Baby Jumpers From Old Button Shirts

Do you have some soft old button shirts around that could use a new life? Heres a great design based on some of the blogs I've seen on making old shirts into baby dresses.

Step 1.Draw desired pattern on shirt  



Step 2. Cut your pattern 



Step 3. Remove one or two buttons depending on body length desired and cut back to match

 Step 4. Turn garment inside out and pin it


At this point if you want finished hems on the sleeves its best to do them before you sew the edges


Sew edges of garment with desired stitch. I have an old Husky machine by Viking and I like to use the L setting. I find it holds together well.  


Step 5. Finish the bottom cuff. There are two ways I usually like to do the bottom cuff. You can do a simple turn under and stitch it like I did on this one or you can add a loop of T shirt material or ribbon in the bottom cuff coming out of small hole cut in the side and give it a adjustable bunched finish.

These great designs and more are available for sale at my online stores


 https://www.etsy.com/shop/crushtvelvetdumpster?ref=si_shop

http://shamglam.storenvy.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment